Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Ch-ch-ch-changes....

How does the song go? Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes, turn and face the strange ch-ch changes?

(It's David Bowie. I cheated and looked it up. If I'm going to put a song in your head, I should at least give credit where credit is due.)

There have been quite a few changes in the last month. But I will try to catch up with all of it, here.

First and foremost, let's get an obvious discrepancy out of the way shall we? The name of this blog is "My Adventures as an Expat in Belgium." I should probably change the name to "My Adventures as an Expat in Belgium that has Now Moved Back to Minnesota." But that is just way too complicated.

I started this blog as a way to keep family and friends updated on our new life in Belgium. After all, we had taken the grandchildren to live far away from their grandparents. The least we could do was post some pictures and stories about our life in a new country.

Well, that blog evolved. My readership grew, and my original format on a private blog site was forced to go public when technology changed. Originally, I was only blogging for friends and family back in the U.S. But over the years, my blog became just as much for my expat and Belgian friends. They thought my observations about my adopted country were amusing, offering them a chance to see their country through different eyes.

And now, I'm sure they are wondering what life is like now for my little family -- after working so hard to  integrate into a new culture, how does one, just go back? And friends here are interested to know how we are adapting, and what we find challenging.

So, the thing is, I still have stuff to talk about. So I will keep writing it. Even if the title isn't exactly as true as it used to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment