Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The sound of silence.

Did you hear that?

My point exactly.

Nothing.

It is the blissful sound of silence. Three little people are back to school (ok, so two little people and one middle schooler). My youngest FINALLY got to start school as an American kid.

When the summer began, three long months stretched out before me. It made me nervous. How was I going to fill all of those days? (Summer vacation in Belgium is only 8 weeks.)

I will be the first one to tell you that our first American summer in six years was absolutely perfect. And while I was sad to see it come to an end, we were ready too. Those days flew by. I don't think I completed a single one of the projects I meant to do this summer, there just wasn't enough time. I didn't have any time to work on my new writing projects like I thought I would. I couldn't keep up with the blog entries I meant to post here.

But in one week the tide has turned. John started a new job. The kids are back at school. And I am getting myself back into balance. Part of that balance is catching up with a few entries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment